Fresh tomato spaghetti sauce
- 4 lbs fresh tomatoes, chopped and peeled
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Grated parmesan cheese
- In order to prepare the tomato sauce, put olive oil in a skillet and heat it over medium heat.
- Add onion, basil, garlic and salt and cook them for five minutes until they become tender.
- Add over tomatoes, parsley and sugar and bring the mixture to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce uncovered for two hours until the sauce thickens, then remove finally.
- Serve over cooked Spaghetti or any other kind of pasta and top it with Parmesan cheese.