2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 pound green beans, trimmed and
cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground
- 1 28-ounce can no-salt-added diced
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium kidney
beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
In a skillet, heat the olive oil, add the onions and cook
for 5 minutes until golden-brown; then put over the garlic, stir them for 1
minute and add the carrots, celery and cook them for 5 minutes until they
become tender. Stir-in the green beans, dried basil and oregano, salt and
pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the diced and crushed tomatoes, the chicken broth, kidney beans and the
pasta, and bring to boil; then turn the heat into medium-low and simmer for 10
minutes until the pasta and vegetables soften.
Finally, pour the soup into serving bowls and serve it with chopped basil and
Parmesan cheese on the top.